- Low viscosity - very fluid.
- Produces a matte finish
- Does not drastically reduce colour depth as does Matte Medium.
- 100% acrylic polymer varnish. Water-soluble when wet. Good chemical and water resistance when dry.
- Dry to a non-tacky, hard, flexible surface that is resistant to retention of dirt.
- Resist discolouring (non-yellowing, non-fogging) due to humidity, heat and ultraviolet light.
- Depending upon substrate, allows moisture to pass through (breathable).
- Will not crack as surface expands and contracts during temperature and humidity changes. Applicable for any acrylic painted surface (flexible and rigid) on canvas, paper, wood, stone, Plexiglas, etc.
- Not for use over oil paint.
- * Flexible, archival, non-yellowing and water-resistant when dry.
- For interior and exterior use
- Apply as a final varnish over dry acrylic paint.
- Varnish surface and environment must be clean, dry and dust-free.
- Acrylic paintings must be completely dried and cured for a minimum of 48-72 hours before varnishing.
- The application may be done by brush or spray. Generally, a sprayed application will be thinner, smoother and more even. Rolling or sponging application is not recommended.
- If more than 1 varnish coat is desired, apply 1-2 coats of Liquitex Gloss Varnish before applying a final coat of Liquitex Matte Varnish.
- Caution: Acrylic paints and mediums become increasingly brittle in cold weather. Do not apply below 60 degrees.
Thinning: Do not thin, as it will weaken the varnish film and adhesion.
Removal: Not removable. Do not attempt to remove these varnishes with harsh solvents.
Liquitex Professional Satin Varnish 946ml