- Use in conjunction with any acrylic medium or acrylic colour when increased flow and absorption and decreased film tension and friction are important.
- A flow enhancer that improves the flow, absorption and blending of any water-soluble paint (i.e. acrylic paint), medium, ink or dye.
- Minimizes brush marks by reducing the friction of paint application.
- Does not contain a binder. Over thinning of acrylic paint with Liquitex Flow-AidTM and applying to a non-absorbent surface (i.e. gessoed canvas) may result in poor adhesion. Always make a test piece for your particular application and surface.
- On non-absorbent surfaces, will increase the fluidity and open (drying) time of the paint.
- On absorbent surfaces, will act as a stain, dye or watercolor.
- Liquitex Flow-AidTM is a concentrate. Dilute with water before mixing into paint. Distilled water is best, since quality of tap water varies.
- Minimum dilution: 1 part Liquitex Flow-Aid to 10 parts distilled water to achieve Flow-Aid Water.
- Normal dilution: 1 part Liquitex Flow-Aid to 20 parts distilled water to achieve Flow-Aid Water.
- Do not use undiluted. Using undiluted may result in poor paint adhesion, cause paint to crack, remain tacky and become water sensitive.
- Do not shake or rapidly stir. This will increase the foaming of Liquitex Flow-Aid. Wait until foaming has subsided before using.
- Absorbent surfaces: Use as much Liquitex Flow-Aid as necessary. The Flow-Aid water/paint mixture will be absorbed by the support.
- Mix Liquitex Flow-Aid water into a water-based paint. Do not mix Liquitex Flow-Aid with turpentine or oil paint.
- Do not use Liquitex Flow-Aid in marbling, as this technique requires that the surface tension of the water film be maintained.
Liquitex Professional Flow-Aid 118ml