- 100% acrylic polymer and marble dust putty build flexible form and structure.
- Dries to a very hard yet flexible opaque white matte finish, on supports that may be subject to some movement.
- Can be used on its own, mixed with colour or painted once dry.
- Dries more slowly than other modelling pastes.
- Gives minimal shrinkage.
- Can be overpainted with acrylics, oils, watercolours, graphite or dry pastels.
- Maintains paint adhesion, durability and archival quality.
- Apply with a knife or tool.
- Tint with acrylic colour to make a coloured paste.
- Can be handled like clay - for best results remove the lid to let some of the water slowly evaporate until you get the texture you want.
- For sculptural texture, build up in thin layers (each no more than a quarter of an inch thick), allowing each to dry.
- Dry slowly by covering loosely with plastic wrap to avoid shrinkage cracks.
- If cracks appear, allow to dry and fill in with another thin layer of paste.
- Overpaint once dry with acrylics or most other media.
- To use as a slightly flexible ground - apply a thin layer to the rigid surface with knife/trowel/roller, leave to dry, sand smooth and repeat if needed.
- To make an absorbent ground, mix 1 part Modeling Paste to 3 parts Liquitex Gesso, apply with a trowel/roller, leave to dry, sand smooth and repeat if needed.
- For paper-mache, soak the paper in a 50/50 mix of Modeling Paste and Gloss/Matte Gel/Gloss Heavy Gel.
- Can be mixed with acrylic-compatible powdered pigments or aggregates.
Liquitex Professional Flexible Modelling Gel Paste 946ml