Liquitex Airbrush Medium is specifically formulated for thinning acrylic colors for airbrush application. Mixing colors with Airbrush Medium will ensure that the colors do not lose their flexibility, durability and adhesion.
* Low viscosity.
* Pre-mixed blend of acrylic polymer emulsion, water, retarder and Flow-Aid.
* Ready to use pre-filtered and pre-reduced to the proper consistency for airbrush technique. Add as much or as little as desired.
* Formulated for thinning acrylic colors for airbrush application.
* Ensures colors do not lose flexibility, durability and adhesion.
* Easily thins acrylic or any water-soluble paints to a sprayable consistency.
* Allows thinned acrylic paint to be sprayed efficiently and retain paint film integrity.
* Liquitex Airbrush Medium mixes easily with all Liquitex Soft Body Concentrated Artist Colors to produce airbrush paint with the proper viscosity for airbrushing.
* Can also be mixed with Liquitex Heavy Body Artist Colors.
* Can be mixed with all Liquitex paint, mediums and gesso.
* Refer to Techniques: Airbrush - Thinning
* Mix Airbrush Medium into Soft Body Concentrated Artist Color. No need to strain.
* Mix Airbrush Medium into Heavy Body Artist Color. Strain to remove any undissolved color.
* Start by mixing 50% Airbrush Medium to color. Mix thoroughly. Add more Airbrush Medium as necessary to facilitate flow through the airbrush. Each color may require a different percentage of Airbrush Medium to color, due to variation in color pigment size and concentration of pigment.
* Airbrush nozzle size and spraying pressure (PSI) will determine Airbrush Medium/paint mixture. Larger nozzles allow for greater amounts of paint in the mixture.
* Keep airbrush wet during use. Do not allow paint to dry in airbrush.
* Clean airbrush with water, water/ammonia mixture, airbrush cleaner or alcohol.