- This set contains the three primary colours in the Daniel Smith Extra Fine Watercolour Range: Perylene Red, Hansa Yellow Medium and French Ultramarine.
- This Primary set allows you to build on the foundations of colour theory by mixing and creating your own colours.
- The set can also be combined with the Secondary Triad Set to complete a full colour wheel and expand the possible colour combinations.
- Perylene Red is medium staining and semi-transparent. It creates vivid, dark washes with a clean brilliant orange hue. This sedimentary pigment offers an additional health plus, as it is made from a metal-free red. Clean modern pigments such as this will put accidental mud-making in the past.
- Hansa Yellow Medium is a high-tinting, semi-transparent organic pigment. Considered the 'perfect yellow', Hansa Yellow Medium offers more control when mixing. Painters admire the purity of this primary pigment and adjust its temperature while avoiding a gray from a hidden complement. Think of a yellow pepper.
- French Ultramarine is a medium-to-dark warm reddish-blue and is highly lightfast and of medium tinting strength. Its sedimentary quality increases its versatility.Modify it with Quinacridone Gold for delightful greens that remain color-coordinated. Mix French Ultramarine with Quinacridone Burnt Orange and be rewarded with an amazing range of blue to brown grays. Mixed with either Quinacridone Rose or Pink, a range of purples result. For another important mix, see Hooker's and Sap Green.
Daniel Smith Watercolour Primary Edition Triad