- Extremely thick, extra heavy body. The thickest “clear“ gel.
- Very dense, with high surface drag for a stiff “oil-like“ feel.
- Dries clear to translucent depending on the thickness of the application.
- Very little shrinkage during drying time.
- Excellent adhesion for collage and mixed media.
- Extends paint increases brilliance and transparency.
- Keeps paint working longer than other gel mediums.
- Flexible, non-yellowing and water-resistant when dry.
- Mix with Liquitex Soft Body Artist Color or Liquitex Heavy Body Professional Artist Color to increase colour viscosity, body, extend volume, increase transparency and colour brilliance.
- When creating a sculptural ground, be sure to use adequate pressure to force the gel into the raw canvas to ensure proper bonding. Apply paint over the gel after the gel is dry.
- Excellent adhesion for collage and decoupage.
Application with Powdered Pigments and other Aggregates:
- Be careful not to include too many foreign materials as to jeopardize the strength of the acrylic paint film. Be sure they are compatible with acrylic emulsion.
- Use as the binder for powdered pigments to make an inexpensive “student grade“ extra-heavy viscosity (thick) gloss acrylic paint. Pigments must be compatible with acrylic emulsion.
Liquitexx Professional Gloss Super Heavy Gel 946ml