- Heavy Body.
- A translucent white gel of high density and high solids, that economically extends the volume of Heavy Body Artist Color without changing its heavy body.
- Add up to 50% by volume, to double the amount of paint and retain the colour position.
- If more than 50% is added, it acts as a very weak tinting white.
- Maintains the opacity of the colour better than using a clear gel medium.
- Dries to a matte finish, giving colours a matte sheen and gouache look.
- Running out of colour during painting: Use when running out of a mixed Heavy Body Artist Color while painting. When you have reached the halfway point of painting the specific area, determine if you have enough paint to finish. If not, add an equal amount of Ultra Matte Gel to the colour enabling you to finish painting without remixing. The colour and opacity will be unchanged, but the colour may lighten (higher value).
- Underpainting: Mix into Heavy Body Artist Color during initial underpainting to double the amount of colour.
Liquitex Professional Ultra Matte Gel 237ml