- Applicable for any surface (flexible and inflexible) suitable for acrylic paint and mediums, such as canvas, paper, wood, Plexiglas, etc.
- Not for use over oil paint.
- Application onto acrylic sheets, Airbrushing, Brushwork, Collage, Glazing, Murals and Transferring Printed Images.
APPLICATION AS A MEDIUM
- An Extender: Mix with Soft Body Concentrated Artist Color to extend volume and increase transparency, while maintaining paint viscosity.
- Mix with Heavy Body Artist Color to extend volume and increase transparency, while decreasing paint viscosity.
- A Fixative: Use as a fixative over artwork (acrylic paint, pastel, graphite, chalk) to increase gloss or shine. Mix 1 part Gloss Medium & Varnish to 1 part distilled water. Apply with atomizer or airbrush.
- As a Binder / Adhesive: Powdered pigments or aggregates may be mixed into Gloss Medium & Varnish, however, they must be compatible with acrylics.
- Collage material may be glued using Gloss Medium & Varnish as a liquid glue.
- As A Ground: Use as transparent ground for acrylic paint instead of gesso. Allows substrate to be seen.
- With Powdered Pigments: Use as a binder with powdered pigments to make an inexpensive student grade Soft Body gloss paint.
APPLICATION AS A VARNISH
- Gloss Varnish for flexible surfaces is recommended as the best varnish for acrylic paintings.
- Apply Gloss Medium and Varnish as a final permanent varnish over dry acrylic paint. Varnish surface and environment must be clean, dry and dust-free.
- Acrylic paintings must be completely dried and cured for 48-72 hours before varnishing.
- Dilute Gloss Medium and Varnish up to 20% for better brushing and levelling.
- Varnish Removal
- Not removable. Do not attempt to remove these varnishes with harsh solvents.
Liquitex Professional Gloss Medium & Varnish 237ml