Clairefontaine Pastelmat is specifically developed for pastel, charcoal, and graphite artists. Its unique velvety surface made from a fine coating of cellulose fibres, can grab, and hold multiple layers of even the softest pastels. The fine particles are sufficiently well-fixed for a smooth surface and comfort of use, and the smoothness of the cork grain in the adhesive ensures longevity. The character fixing of this surface is so extraordinary that it reduces the need for applying fixative while positioning of multiple layers of pastels, and the realization of flat tints, precise details, or delicate and transparent veils are easily achieved without a saturation effect.
Clairefontaine masters the art of papermaking since 1858. It is the only European manufacturer making its paper for its product and being a market leader for both quality of the paper and environmental practice.
Pastelmat is acid-free, lightfast, age-resistant, and water-resistant artist paper. Its 360 GSM thickness 12 sheets pad offers luxurious and sturdy performance. Each sheet in the pad is protected by crystal paper divider.
PastelMat is ideal for use with all dry media – pastel sticks, pan pastel, pencils, and charcoal and it can be used with wet media – such as acrylics and watercolour for washes and mixed media techniques. Available in 14 warm, cool, and achromatic colours for every kind of subject with dry pastels.
- PastelMat - N°1
- Size - A5+ (18 cm x 24 cm or 7" x 9.5" )
- Binding - Glue Bound - Short Side
- No. of Sheets - 12
- Thickness: 360gsm
- Size of pad - 18 x 24 cm
- Colours: Assorted Colours: Maize, Buttercup, Dark Grey and Light Grey
- Perfect for all dry media – pastel sticks, pan pastel, pencils, and charcoal and Wet Media – Such as acrylics, watercolour, and mixed media techniques
- Made from a fine coating of cellulose fibres; reduces the need for applying fixative while positioning of multiple layers of pastels
- Acid-Free, lightfast, age-resistant and pH Neutral – Ensures longevity
- Made in France