Sat, 23 Sept|
Artzo India Church St.
Watercolour Sunsets ft. Nilam R. Batch 2
Immerse yourself in the art of watercolor as we guide you through creating a stunning sunset masterpiece using ShinHan PWC watercolors.
Time & Location
23-Sept-2023, 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Artzo India Church St., No.44, Ace court, First Floor, Church St, Haridevpur, Shanthala Nagar, Ashok Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560001, India
About the Event
This is a beginner-friendly workshop.
8 years and above.
In this workshop you will learn:
Creating a 2-hour watercolor workshop focused on painting a watercolor sunset with ShinHan PWC watercolors can be an enjoyable and educational experience. Below is a module outline for your workshop:
Capturing the Beauty of a Watercolor Sunset with ShinHan PWC Watercolors
- Welcome participants and introduce yourself.
- Briefly discuss the agenda for the workshop.
- Talk about the importance of sunsets in art and their emotional impact.
- Show the ShinHan PWC Watercolor Set and explain its features.
- Discuss the different brushes and their uses.
- Explain the importance of using good quality watercolor paper.
Basic Watercolor Techniques
- Demonstrate fundamental watercolor techniques such as wet-on-wet, wet-on-dry, blending, and layering.
- Allow participants to practice these techniques on a separate sheet of paper.
Choosing a Sunset Composition
- Show reference photos of sunsets or discuss how to create a simple sunset composition.
- Explain the rule of thirds and how it can be applied to sunset paintings.
Sketching the Sunset
- Instruct participants to lightly sketch the chosen sunset composition on their watercolor paper using a pencil.
- Emphasize the importance of simplicity in the sketch.
- Discuss how to mix colors using the ShinHan PWC Watercolor Set.
- Demonstrate mixing warm and cool colors for a sunset effect.
- Show how to create gradients of color for the sky.
Painting the Sunset
- Start by painting the sky. Encourage participants to work quickly and avoid overworking the paint.
- Demonstrate how to create the illusion of light and shadow in the sky.
- Progress to the horizon and any foreground elements.
- Encourage participants to experiment with blending and layering.
Detailing and Finishing
- Discuss adding details such as clouds, reflections, and any silhouettes.
- Emphasize the importance of patience and subtlety in watercolor.
- Share tips for achieving a sense of atmosphere and depth.
Wrap-Up and Q&A
- Allow participants to share their paintings and provide constructive feedback.
- Answer any questions and offer additional tips.
- Provide information on further resources for watercolor painting.
- Thank participants for attending the workshop.
- Encourage them to continue practicing and exploring watercolor techniques.
- Share your contact information for future inquiries.
- All materials will be provided for this session.
About the Artist:
Nilam Roy is a watercolour artist based out of Bangalore, India and specialises in various forms in watercolour as a medium.
Watercolor Art B2
Admit - 1. B2 - Beginner's Friendly Batch. The ticket price mentioned is inclusive of all taxes. The ticket is non-transferable. The ticket is non-refundable.₹1,750.00Sold Out
This event is sold out